Keep up with the latest movers in the chase for the 2023 World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series championship.
LATEST RACE(S): Lincoln Speedway (May 10), Williams Grove Speedway (May 12).
CURRENT POINTS LEADER: Brad Sweet put together another pair of productive nights to maintain his lead in the standings. A fifth at Lincoln followed by a win at Williams Grove grew the gap to 36 points back to second. Sweet now owns top fives in six of the last seven races aboard the Kasey Kahne Racing #49.
David Gravel (+1): Gravel finished third on Wednesday – his ninth podium of the season – and came home sixth on Friday at “The Grove.” After his DNF three weeks ago in Haubstadt, Gravel has rebounded with a 4.25 average finish in the four races since and jumped into second in points.
Carson Macedo (-1): The trip to Pennsylvania wasn’t kind to Carson Macedo. It began with an 18th place effort at Lincoln. The Jason Johnson Racing driver did bounce back to notch his 17th top 10 of the season on Friday but still slipped to third in points. The Lemoore, CA native sits 46 markers behind Sweet.
Spencer Bayston (+1): Last week, Bayston began the action by posting his 10th top 10 of the season with a sixth-place effort. Williams Grove didn’t go how the CJB Motorsports pilot would’ve liked with an 18th-place finish, but Bayston still managed to move up to seventh in points.
Giovanni Scelzi (+1): On Wednesday, Scelzi brought the KCP Racing #18 home ninth – his 11th top 10 of the season. Two nights later he finished 19th at Williams Grove, but that didn’t stop him from jumping up to eighth in points.
Also moving up this past week in the standings was Brock Zearfoss (ninth in points), Jacob Allen (10th), Robbie Price (12th), and Noah Gass (13th).
TOP-10 IN POINTS:
- Brad Sweet: 2664 Points (Kasey Kahne Racing #49)
- David Gravel: -36 Points (Big Game Motorsports #2)
- Carson Macedo: -46 Points (Jason Johnson Racing #41)
- Logan Schuchart: -126 Points (Shark Racing #1S)
- Sheldon Haudenschild: -184 Points (Stenhouse Jr./Marshall Racing #17)
- Donny Schatz: -186 Points (Tony Stewart/Curb Agajanian Racing #15)
- Spencer Bayston: -236 Points (CJB Motorsports #5)
- Giovanni Scelzi: -244 Points (KCP Racing #18)
- Brock Zearfoss: -388 Points (Brock Zearfoss Racing #3Z)
- Jacob Allen: -420 Points (Shark Racing #1A)
For full Series Points, CLICK HERE.
NEXT RACE(S): Attica Raceway Park (May 19), Sharon Speedway (May 20). For tickets, CLICK HERE.