By the Numbers: World of Outlaws Craftsman® Sprint Car Series at Hartford Speedway
by Tony Veneziano
HARTFORD, Mich. — Sept. 19, 2016 —The World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series returns to Hartford Speedway in Michigan on Wednesday, September 21, for an event that was postponed by rain back on July 29. All tickets and pit passes purchased for the originally scheduled race will be honored. Fans are asked to bring their original ticket with them for admittance. Tickets are still available for purchase online and at the track on race day. The race will mark the final stop of the season for the “Greatest Show on Dirt” to the Great Lakes State. This edition of By the Numbers sets the stage.
By the Numbers: Hartford Speedway
- 0.5- Miles around Hartford Speedway
- 2- Races in the state of Michigan this year for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series
- 3- Career wins for Joey Saldana at the track, with three different series
- 4- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws that will be competing in their first main event at Hartford (Brad Sweet, Logan Schuchart, Jacob Allen and Clyde Knipp)
- 5- Drivers that raced with the Outlaws at Hartford in 2011 that are competing full-time with the series in 2016
- 6- Drivers that have won with the World of Outlaws at Hartford Speedway in six A-Feature events
- 7- Total races contested by the World of Outlaws at Hartford, including a preliminary feature
- 13- Drivers that are competing full-time with the series in 2016
- 15.691- Lap turned in time trials on July 29 by Joey Saldana at Hartford Speedway
- 15.739- Track record established by Jason Johnson in 2001
- 16- Drivers have won with the World of Outlaws this season
- 21- Wins for Donny Schatz to lead the series in 2016
- 25- Laps led by Joey Saldana to win with the Outlaws at Hartford in 2011
- 1995- Year that current rookie contender Greg Wilson raced for the first time at Hartford, with the Engine Pro Sprints on Dirt
- 1996- Year the World of Outlaws first raced at Hartford Speedway
- 2011- Year the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series last completed a main event at Hartford
- 10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Wednesday, September 21
All tickets and pit passes purchased for the originally scheduled race will be honored on September 21. Tickets for the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series event at Hartford Speedway in Hartford, Michigan on Wednesday, September 21 can be purchased online, at track, or by calling SLS Promotions at 815-344-2023.
Discount General Admission tickets are available for purchase at participating O’Reilly Auto Parts stores. Each General Admission ticket purchased at an O’Reilly Auto Parts location will feature a special $5 discount. Tickets buyers will exchange their O’Reilly receipt for tickets at the Main Grandstand ticket booth on race day.